Saturday, August 23, 2008

Celeb Style

This morning my friend and I were going over our must have accessories for fall. High on the list were a fresh pair of sunglasses! She suggested that I check out the Ray-Ban Wayfarers.

This design was manufactured in 1952 as a break from metal sunglasses that were previously in style. They peaked in popularity after they were worn by Audrey Hepburn in 1961's Breakfast at Tiffany's.


The Wayfarer lost steam in the 70's but made a comeback in the 80's by being being worn by celebs in films including Tom Cruise in 1983's Risky Business.



Let's fast forward to 2008..Beyonce was spotted tooting out this week in a classic black pair..Click here to get them at sunglass hut for $109.95


A few weeks earlier B mixed it up in the red pair. Go to Neiman Marcus and get them for $139



Unsure about how the Wayfarer will look on you?? Before you buy- Go to your local sunglass retailer and try on a pair!

If you love the look on you, email your pics to lavishlycoordinated@gmail.com. In weeks to come, I am looking to add a new segment dedicated to reader's style ;-)

**Update: So I went to Nordstrom and tried on the red Wayfarers..This look was not for me at all!! Click here to see what I looked like...I think I'll let Beyonce have this look!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look cute on Audrey, but I think if you have a round face it won't work as well. Also, not that B got her Progress Obama shirt from Urban Outfitters... I have the same one :)