Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lipstick Jungle: Red Alert

For a few weeks now I have noticed the reemergence of the dark red lip.. just in time for fall.

For some reason I can't help but to think back to 7th- 8th grade..Raise your hand if you remember cherries jubilee by Mary Kay or that young Wet n Wild # 508 black orchid!? Lol! Those were the days!

Anywho, look below at how these celebs rock the look and let me know your thoughts!






Sound off: Are you willing to give ruby lips a try or will you stick to the old faithful nude lip?


If you want to test the look at home, remember the most important factor to consider is your skin tone! For the most natural look, you should match your undertones.

***Reader Homework Assignment: This weekend grab your BF, toot to the mall and make a date with your fav make up artist. Have them to try out different shades or reds,plums and pinks to get your perfect shade.... Don't forget to take lots of pics!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the look, but I don't know how that would look on me since I'm in the darker skin tone category. I think it looks really nice on the caramelesk (sp) and deep brown skin tones. Since I fall between those I think it makes me look a hot mess!!!! Shana, I do have a question.... Do you use a lip liner with the deep tones or no? Because as of now it looks horrible on me :) Thoughts???

Shana B. said...

Nia, I would suggest a lip liner with deep lipstick. Since dark lipstick tends to bleed liner will hold it in place and keep the color rich. Did you complete the homework assignment!? I think there may be a right shade for you. Go to our wonderful friend at MAC in SP and test out a few shades this weekend!