Monday, November 24, 2008

Lavishly Coordinated: Home Edition Mini Makeover

Dear Readers,
Welcome to another installment of LC Home Edition! Several months ago, I took the plunge and purchased a couch and envisioned a Retro Glam theme living room with modern elements.

BEFORE
The space had some key elements of the theme but lacked a true accent color and a certain je ne sais quoi.



I purchased a sunburst mirror and mirrored tea light holder to reflect light off the space. I also bought a few accents on Ebay to add a retro touch.



Fast forward to several months later and to a new apartment, I decided to update the space by giving it a Mini Makeover.. And of course I did it all for under $100!!

AFTER
I kept the existing zebra toss pillows and purchased a red silk toss pillow and faux fur throw. I brought in a beaded pillow from the bedroom for texture. I also added a sheer curtains to complete to look.


The accent pillows on the chair really do a job of tying in the color from the curtains.



I reused the authentic vintage Life magazines,Polaroid cameras and mirrored tea light holder from the previous space.


I anchored the Andy Warhol inspired picture on the adjacent wall and added a plant to fill the space.


On the opposite wall from the window, I made a "directors" nook from pictures and a chair I already owned and reused the toss pillows from the before picture above!

(Thanks to Mya for the directors nook inspiration :-)


Join me tomorrow as we choose lighting to complete my vision!

0 comments: